- 2021 Youtube Trends - September 6, 2021
- LinkedIn Marketing 101 - August 24, 2021
- Tips for Getting the Most out of your Social Media Posts - August 17, 2021
By Adeel Ahmad, Marketing Specialist at Smart IS International
We can’t deny the great value of video marketing currently and in the future. The hype of video marketing has existed for years yet, many companies were unable to forecast its value.
Ultimately due to COVID 19, every company and individual has been forced to accept that; without video marketing, they won’t be able to adapt to the ever-changing market needs and trends.
While having many social media and digital content platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Snap Chat; YouTube still remains at the top. At the end of 2020, viewers are expected to watch 100 minutes of video per day, while 82% of the content creation is expected to be video by the end of 2022 (cisco.com).
Recognized as the second largest search engine; building a great YouTube channel can help you establish your brand image and engage with your viewers efficiently.
People often ask the following questions about YouTube channel promotion. If you are one of them too then let’s solve these problems!
- How do I get my YouTube video to the top?
- How do I promote my YouTube channel with money?
- How to Grow Your YouTube Channel in 2020?
- How do I increase subscribers?
- How do I get my YouTube video to go viral?
- How to promote a YouTube channel?
A way to begin solving all these problems at once is by strengthening your Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Here are some SEO tips that have worked for our company, and will help you grow your Channel as well:
- YouTube (Keyword Research)/ Hashtags:
The most important part of YouTube marketing is keyword research. You can find numerous tools out there through which you can research keyword ideas. Keywords will help in selecting a topic for your video inspiration or can help select the tags you want to use in the video content.
Below are some tools that have been a success for Smart IS:
- YouTube search suggestions are one of the most effective ideas that have helped us in building our Channel.
- Another tool that has consistently assisted us in this process is keyword Tool
Just log in to the site and enter the topic you want keywords for, and all the relevant keywords for YouTube will appear.
- Research and understanding your competitors is also an important step in the process of YouTube SEO. For this; “Tube Buddy” Chrome Extension is a fairly popular tool to use; identify relevant and trending keywords. Login to your competitor’s channel to find out their top videos and use their keywords on your tags list.
- Quora is also another effective tool for keyword research. A tool so simple to use that anyone can learn in no time. Quora is a search engine used for answering frequently asked questions. This can also be used as an important keyword generating strategy.
- Last but not the least, Google, an undeniably popular tool that can also be used for keyword research. When you type your search word, scroll down to the end of the page where you will find all the frequent questions relevant to keyword suggestions.
To sum up, the tips mentioned above, you need to eventually shortlist the best performing keywords from the selected ones. To execute this process, there is a simple hack that will help you in selecting the top keywords; select low competition keywords with high demand.
The above-mentioned example refers to high competition Keywords. High competition keywords are in greater demand and therefore become harder to bring your content to top of a search. Using keywords with low competition will lead to high search volume so, balance out the types of keywords you select.
This keyword has relatively low competition and high volume for search. Another tool that is very important for keyword research is Google Keyword Planner it’s easy and simple to use and provides you all the details you need about the keyword you need.